Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Lea, so sorry you are having depression. I wish there was something original I could say that would help but sometimes I just can't find the words. But know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
(8)

I guess a day Paxil is not doing its job today. I am on Cymbalta and I often wonder what it is doing but too afraid for worse days. I hope tomorrow is better. Always hoping for a day for you with better symptoms.
(6)

funkygrandma just said it so well - I agree with your sentiments!

Lea, wishing you all better days ahead. Sending lots of love and prayers ~
(4)

Oh Lealonnie, I hate that you're struggling so. You've been such an inspiration to us all through your journey thus far and I know that you'll continue to be when you're feeling more up to it.
But in the meantime, please take good care of yourself and know that there are many of us who continue to lift you up daily in prayer.
We are all trusting that this too shall pass, and that you'll be feeling more like yourself very soon. Hang in there.
(6)

Just struggling with a lot of depression these days, probably in line with the steroid taper down to 10. And the fact that my future looks mighty grim, that too is a contributing factor.

Thanks for asking about me, ladies. I'm trying to hang in there.
(12)

Hi LL, thinking of you! I've got the Monday Mehs. Hope your Monday dizziness or other symptoms are not worse.
(2)

How about a Monday report? 😀
(1)

Lea: Glad it is a little better for you.
(4)

Geaton,
My Uncle Ronnie:same!
My Aunt: terlet, for sure! 🚽

LL,
Thank God for the mercy of a bit of improvement of the dizziness and headache!
(6)

LL, “a bit better”… yay! Feels worthy of a “high one” (not quite high five territory…yet).

Also, is there an Italian-American who doesn’t have an “Uncle Joey”? He lied about his age in order to enlist in the Navy right after Pearl Harbor. Managed to live into his 90s despite a lifetime of smoking. He was a tough old bird. We called him the O.G. (original gangsta).
(6)

Bm
(1)

Lea,

So glad that you’re feeling a little bit of relief.

Hugs, prayers and love sent your way!
(4)

My dad was from Greenpernt. His uncle always said "Trogs Neck"; I didn't know there was an H in there until I was a teenager.

Love you Lea. ((((Hugs))))).
(5)

Thanks all. Today is a bit better in terms of headache/dizziness, thank God. Just taking it easy, as usual.

RD, I hate it when you go to an estate sale with your eye on something just to find it was JUST sold a minute earlier. Ugh. At least you picked up a few shells and did some other shopping.

Geaton, my uncle Joey still says toidy toid street.....lol.

Penny4, thank you for the prayers. GG, thanks for keeping up with the thread, it's a lot I know.

To everyone else, I appreciate the uplifting words.
(7)

Praying 🙏
(7)

Hi LL, Hoping for you to have a good day today.

Geaton, Whenever I need a laugh, I get out my My Cousin Vinny DVD. I’ve seen it countless times and it still makes me laugh. As a Bronx Italian I can relate big time.
(4)

Good morning, LL! Thinking of "yous guys" (like some of my NYC and NJ goombah relatives literally used to say) ;-) "My Cousin Vinny" is one of my favorite movies, and also "Moonstruck", since those characters were basically all my family members (and "Saturday Night Fever" too). My Bronx-raised uncle (by marriage) used to say "Toidy Toid and Toid Street"... translation: "33rd and 3rd street"). Also: "terlet" = toilet.
(6)

Good morning, Lea. I hope the night went well and you wake up with less dizziness today. I check in daily even if I don't write something. May there be blessings in this day for you.
(6)

My prayers continue. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
(3)

Lea: Prayers for you to feel better, dear lady.💗
(5)

Praying for you here in Fl on Saturday night. Especially that this taper would give you a break for a change.

You are treasured here on this site!
(5)

Bm
(0)

Well Lea I will give you our estate sale expedition experience today. Since granddaughters are in town and they love shells we went to one that had pictures of tons of shells of all sorts. We got there and one person was buying all of them. We squeaked by with buying a few they let us get. Literally this buyer must have paid I estimate possibly $1,000.00 for the collection. It was a huge amount.

So afterwards we went to Athleta,J Crew and DSW for some back to school shopping. I truly look forward to the time you are better and able to get out but it can be frustrating. There was alot more in this house but none of it appealing. Some high end jewelry. A Miriam Haskell necklace for $100.00 but it wasn't that interesting. I didn't get anything for myself but we had a nice excursion of sorts.
(5)

Good afternoon, Lea. I’m going to meet up with my daughters in just a bit at one of our favorite middle eastern restaurants.

Just wanted to say hello, thinking of you and of course, sending prayers for your awful dizziness to ease up.

Actually, to hell with easing up, you have done your tour of disturbing dizziness. I would like to see your dizziness completely disappear!

Although, I know that you would be grateful for any amount of relief. It’s been so long that you have been dealing with this crap.
(4)

Hi Geaton, I'm having a rough go of things the past couple of days. Extreme dizziness and bad headaches, so mostly lying in bed. I went down to 10 mg today so I don't expect things to improve anytime soon 😑
(7)

Hi LL, how did your night go? Thinking of you while praying for you and Chuck. ((hug))
(4)

Can't live with them, can't shoot them!

I'm laughing over here and totally understand 🤣
(8)

Joining in with prayers for this next taper!
And, as always, for the dizzies to just calm down!
(6)

Lea,

Glad your iron levels are okay. Tapering off is a slow process and is the only way to achieve this goal.

I wish that you could speed up this process and feel better. I will be so happy when you begin to feel like yourself again.

As always, I send my love, prayers and hugs your way.
(5)

Yeah I have one of those micromanaging husbands. It’s challenging because we now live together full time. Love him dearly but sometimes …
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter