Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
I am so sorry. Prayers for you for complete healing and strength for Chuck.
(7)

Love that your Dad sent that dime just when you needed it and would know it was from him.

Praying for healing, for wisdom and direction for your doctors, for strength and a sense of peace for you and your loved ones.
(6)

Amen sp and I agree. Thank you for your support.
(3)

Thank you for the comforting words, Geaton. I feel gut punched, tbh, but I feel hopeful too.
(3)

Thank you OAINF, for your kind words.
(0)

Good thinking, GSA & thanx for the idea. God bless you on your cancer journey as well. I feel even more hopeful by others sharing their stories of survival 😘
(1)

Thank you bundle. I feel lucky to be loved by my family and friends and to have a lot of support
(4)

Thank you, from 1 N.Y. gal to another. On the lookout for dimes ALL the time! 😁
(0)

Thank you dearly Fawnby.
(2)

Thank you for such a loving sentiment
(1)

Lea,

I don’t know if you believe this or not but a friend of mine always tells me that our loved ones in heaven can do more for us from up there than they can when they were here on earth.

She also finds dimes and like you, she saves them.

Many people have recorded the song, ‘Pennies from Heaven,’ so there must be something to finding coins. It’s a sweet song.

I believe that all who know you on this forum will be praying for you.

Did your father have a favorite saint?

I will light a candle for you. I have been burning candles since I was a little girl.

My grandmother would take me to church with her to burn a candle and pray for others.

Back then the church doors were never locked. People could drop in anytime to pray.
(2)

Lealonnie,
Given a 6 mos. terminal illness diagnosis, my loved one went to Mayo Clinic. She is cancer-free. Guess she needed more time to get saved.

I see miracles happening already today as we travel this road with you in prayer.

May you be comforted and unafraid, strong and braver than you thought possible. May the Lord God Almighty lift up your countenance, and give you peace. In the powerful name of Jesus, I pray.
(5)

I don't know if dad had a favorite saint. What's weird is I haven't had one single sign from mom and she's gone 1 yr on the 22nd. Thank you for lighting a candle for me. When we traveled Europe and other countries, we'd always light a candle in all the churches we visited.
(3)

Lea,

You’re welcome.

I do too. I have burned candles all over as well.

I have very special memories of burning candles. St. Patrick’s in NY will always hold a special place in my heart.

I was praying for child. Shortly after we came home I discovered that I was pregnant.

I think your mom is with your dad. I think my mom and dad are together too.
(2)

My prayers are with you both, Stay strong and keep us updated!
(4)

Lealonnie,
Knowing you are overwhelmed, I did not post the findings that said survival after 6 years on immunotherapy.
Just ask, but I cannot post the study on your pm privately.
(3)

Well this sucks. I will keep you in my thoughts. I am sorry that you are in pain
(4)

Send, I read the survival rate for cancer patients on my 2 immunotherapy drugs after 5 years is 52%. We are happy with that number! 😁
(10)

Oh, dear Cyber-Friend,
You have been there for all of us, and now we will hold YOU up in prayer.

Here's the story from the bible about Moses' companions holding up his arms while a battle was fought. That's who we will be for you.

Exodus 17:12-14

12 When Moses' arms grew tired, Aaron and Hur brought a stone for him to sit on, while they stood beside him and held up his arms, holding them steady until the sun went down. 13 In this way Joshua totally defeated the Amalekites.
14 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write an account of this victory, so that it will be remembered. Tell Joshua that I will completely destroy the Amalekites.”

So. Many. Hugs.
(7)

Dear cxmoody, you've been there since the beginning and started the discussion thread here based on my Caringbridge daily updates on Chucks progress w his transplant. And all the dramatic ups and downs of those 7 weeks. You all propped me up, truly, during an incredibly stressful time. Chuck wound up getting a donor liver in 6 days after we arrived. I guess God knew we had to get back home asap to deal with my upcoming health. The armpit lumps started in Aug (we got home 6/15) but were pooh pooched away by the docs 😑
Anyway, thank you for being a good friend and so supportive this whole time. Big hugs to you and ty for the uplifting reading, too.
(10)

Oh Lea! I am so, so sorry. I know this has got to feel like you have slipped into the 7th circle.

I had to read your post twice. At first, I thought I read it wrong. Then, it seemed like a sick joke by someone who hijacked your account.

I wish we could make it not so.

I echo cxmoody, we are holding you up - in love and prayer. Both you and Chuck.

You are very brave, but just know no one here expects that. Your real pain and fear are ok, too, if and when you need to share. We have strong shoulders and care very much.

May the peace of God be with you, dear one. May He hold you in His strength and shelter you and Chuck with His mighty wings.
(9)

Thank you Hope. I don't feel brave, just scared of what lies ahead and of leaving my soulmate all alone. I wish you could make this disappear too. You really nailed it about how gobsmacked we are with all this.
(4)

Dimes. It used to be pennies. Looks like rising inflation has hit heaven too! (Just trying to make you smile.)
(8)

I hear you. That panicky feeling that you must have just stepped into another life is no joke.

And when you love someone that much, it’s just as painful to think of leaving them as it is to think of them leaving you.

There are so few words that can even touch this, but sending many, many hugs.
(4)

Lealonnie1, I am so sorry to hear this! Praying for healing and comfort for you.
(3)

Lealonnie, you are being included in my prayers.
(4)

Prayer du jour:

"Dear Lord, on behalf of LL, I ask for grace for her and Chuck to endure the challenge that is before them. You know she wants to live. You know she doesn’t want her body to change. You know she doesn’t want to be sick. You also know why she must meet this challenge, why she must go down this frightening path. She wants to avoid it. She wants the doctors to tell her the diagnosis was wrong. She wants her life back the way it was. She does not understand … But she knows if she puts her hand in Yours, You will guide her. You will give her courage. You will comfort her. I ask for Your grace for her and Chuck and their family now and forever. Amen"

Notre Dame Book of Prayer
(10)

Lealonnie, I thought of you and Chuck yesterday, out of the blue. And now I see your post. I am so sorry for your troubles, while glad to hear that Chuck is doing so well post-transplant.
I will keep you both in my heart, with thoughts and energy for getting through each day, for guidance for your treatment team, and for healing. Know that you both are held in the light, as much as my heart can manage.
(3)

I am imagining that your first treatment is done, today, and that you’re home for a well-deserved rest.

I’ve been praying as The Lord brings you to mind.

Update us when you can.

🫂🫂
(5)

Yes Cxmoody, I just got home from my first double infusion. I'm okay, ate a whole cbd gummie (5:1 cbd to thc) and am lying down on my heating pad taking a rest. I made myself eat some lunch too bc the doctor said small meals of hi protein all day are important with this treatment. I lost 1+ lbs just since Tues. I ordered some high cal protein powder from Amazon too and Chuck got frozen fruit chunks and oat milk for smoothies. Thanks for your prayers.
(16)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter