I am POA with my brother who refuses to do even the most basic things to help (ie: won't even go to the bank to sign any papers). I am being limited and restricted in my ability to help my father because of his unwillingness to help or do ANYTHING. Is there anything I can do?

Find Care & Housing
Is your father mentally competent? If it can be proven so, such as by a letter from his doctor saying he is, he can visit an attorney and have this POA revoked. Then the attorney can help you draw up another one giving you sole POA rights. If Dad isn’t competent, you may have to apply for guardianship which will make any POA’s null and void.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Ahmijoy

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter