She lives in a nursing home and I have all her mail addressed to my address.

She was throwing mail away that was important.

I also have POA over her.

Oh and it just hit me this might be an important clarification for others reading through this in the future, it is not meant to chastise. You have POA for her not over her, an important distinction when thinking and talking about it with officials. POA gives you the authority to act on the persons behalf and as they direct or want not to act against their will or make them do things they don't want to. When you sign a document as POA you are signing as your LO. DPOA gives you the right to act in their best interest even if they don't agree once they have been declared incompetent, unable to understand whats in their best interest. Acting with POA authority can be superseded by the primary anytime.
Reply to Lymie61

Yes and especially since you are POA. If there is no on-line account established yet it's actually pretty easy as long as you have all the pertinent info.
Reply to Lymie61

Smitty, I was able to go into the Medicare website to change my Dad's address. I had no problems.

My Dad was also throwing away bills thinking they were junk mail :P

My reading of the rules is that in order to legally set up and account for someone else you have to first be listed for authorization on their accounts. The rules are online or you could call to get them.
Reply to faeriefiles