My mother is still competent.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
A POA is revoked by a letter. This should be notarized and sent certified return receipt to prove that the person received it. However, assigning a new POA invalidates the previous POA and in AZ you don't need to notify the person being replaced. I would notify the sister that she is no longer the POA while mom is competent to avoid future allegations.

Then someone needs to be made her new POA.

I used the forms on the AZ Attorney General's website for my dad's POAs, they are completely legal, site the revised statutes that are required to make them legal and they were free. I have had no problems any of them. Well worth checking your states website to see if they are available.
Helpful Answer (0)

I would go back to the lawyer who drew up the first one. That has to be revolked and a new person assigned. I don't believe in doing it with forms from the internet. A lawyer should make sure Mom is competent to make the change and she is not being coerced.
Helpful Answer (1)
Report or
There is a fee for either but way less expensive than an attorney. Get Durable PoA for medical and financial. Maybe split up the PoA or have 2 people on each PoA if you have a reliable relative who is trustworthy and local to your mom, who will make decisions in her best interest.

The papers must be signed in front of a notary (go to a bank) and have 2 witnesses that are not family members (at least that's what is required where I live). Each PoA needs to have their own original copy that is also signed and notarized.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter