I would like to know if the VA would assist in transport for a Veteran that served during war time from state to state to be closer to family to an assisted living facility from a skilled nursing/rehab facility.

Find Care & Housing
Not usually unless a specific treatment was only available at new place. However a volunteer organization might do projects like that. You can check with VFW veterans of foreign wars if you have a local chapter or wounded warriors project. Medicare and Medicaid will not cover it if sole purpose is move closer to family state to state.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Guestshopadmin