Follow
Read More
My iron levels are normal, so that's the end of hoping for low iron to be the cause of my dizziness issues. The results of the Valley Fever lung fungus test is still outstanding at this time. All indicators point to the immunotherapy being the cause of the toxic reaction in my body, as always.

Tomorrow I taper down to 10 mg of prednisone. The headaches are worse at night, probably since that's when the least amount of it is in my body.

My home mortgage was sold to another lender for about the 5th time recently and now I have to set up payments again, etc for August 😣😑. What a pita to deal with this from my cell phone w Chuck supervising from the couch! I'd like to supervise for once while he takes over ALL THE HOUSEHOLD FINANCES! It must be nice to live in la la land with someone else handling all the bills! Ugh. Men. Can't live with them, can't shoot them. Too much togetherness the past 6 months has me ready to strangle the man 😂🤣
(15)

Hoping and wishing for a good day today, LL!
(5)

Good morning, LL... and hoping it is a "good-ish" morning :-) Thinking of and praying for you (and Chuck) along with my morning coffee, as has been my routine these past few months. You're getting closer to exiting Taper Town...
(5)

I'm still hoping and praying that as you taper off the prednisone that things are slowly but surely getting better for you.
(4)

Lea,

I hope that every slice of your yummy cake was enjoyed! 😊
(2)

I take Tylenol or ibuprofen for the headaches RD. And I am a migraine w aura sufferer too which Topomax takes care of, thankfully.

Today I'll go get my blood drawn for iron levels and Valley Fever, just in case.
(4)

Can they prescribe medication other than narcotics for the headaches. There are a variety that are for migraines which affect the dilation of blood vessels. Sometimes narcotics can actually exacerbate headaches. I realize you are not a classic migraine sufferer but perhaps those medications could help with severe headaches. I have at times had them so badly I literally want to blow my head off. Figuratively, not really going to do that but that is how bad the suffering can be.
(1)

Girl, I continue to pray!

Darn side effects!
(7)

Its going cxmoody. Not as bad as anticipated but the headaches are very bad. I'm hoping they have to do w the taper vs anything more sinister, but headaches are listed as a side effect. Dizziness is the same, I had my one decent day on Monday I guess. Thanks for asking 😁
(7)

How goes the taper, my friend?
(2)

Lea: Your birthday dinner sounded amazing! You deserve it!
(3)

Happy Fourth, Lea!

Your dinner sounds delicious 😋!
(2)

What a delicious birthday dinner!

Happy Independence Day to you all!
(6)

Bmark
(2)

So Chuck made a seafood platter last night for my birthday with seared scallops, a small lobster tail, large Cajun grilled shrimp, rice pilaf and prosciutto wrapped asparagus. It was amazing. With a mint chocolate chip ice cream and chocolate cake Cold Stone ice cream cake for dessert, equally amazing. All in all a great day yesterday.

I hope you all have an awesome Independence Day today Ladies
(15)

Happy Birthday Lea🎈🎉
Glad you are having a good day..
(2)

Lea: A very Happy Birthday to you, dear lady! 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂
(4)

Happy Birthday from a fellow ruby girl. Thought I posted this earlier but the whirlwind of family visiting keeps any train of thought from becoming intact. Hope you enjoy the day. I made a lemon cake with a grandaughter yesterday that turned out great. This was for my son and daughter in law who arrived today. My daughter is making a mostly red and blue cobbler with berries for tomorrow. It is incredibly hot and I hope to stay home with the 9 month old and pass on the parade. Hope your 4th is as patriotic as you wish.
(4)

Happy birthday pretty lady!!
(4)

And one more thing…
May your dearest wishes come true!!!
(4)

Happy birthday, LL!

The hopeful tidbit in your post today was as delicious as a Cold Stone ice cream cake. And crab legs... mmm... enjoy!

Process of elimination is the way to sleuth on in your situation. Remember to write that book about this odyssy once you're out of the tunnel.

What flavor is the cake?

May you harvest extra blessings today!
(5)

Aw, you guys are THE BEST!! There's a COLD STONE ICE CREAM CAKE in the garage freezer and I'm 90% sure Chuck bought king crab legs bc he went to Whole Foods (also known as Whole Paycheck 🙄) but hey, I'm worth it! 😂🤣 DD and her bf came by earlier with a Brighton gift bag, my favorite, with a silver and tortoise shell (faux) hair claw and a bracelet. Have I mentioned I've lost a huge huge huge amount of hair in the last month? Hopefully there's enough left for the claw to grasp. Then the doorbell rang with a vase of flowers and balloons from my half sister in N.Y.

Plus, I'm feeling better today.....dizziness wise......when being on the 3rd day of the hateful prednisone taper, I should be feeling horrible according to past history. Maybe it's the Paxil, Idk? Or just a bday gift. Also, DD asked Dr C to order an iron test .....in all the 20k tests I've had, they NEVER tested for iron deficiency/anemia for which I have a lot of symptoms. Including spoon shaped fingernails, which is odd imo. I also asked him to run the Valley Fever fungus test (lungs) bc Chuck tests positive for it EVERY TIME since we were in Az and drove thru a hideous wind storm. BOTH of us. I had asked my PCP to run a test for me but she said no last yr bc I wasn't high risk. Now I am, hello? So based on PSs loved one having extreme dizziness coming from a lung fungus, that's my decision. Chuck takes Fluconozole daily, btw.

Nobody, doctor wise, is doing anything to help me or look further into this situation for me, so I'm doing so along w DD. Why not? We've tried every other frecockta idea! Along with IVIGs every month, too. Wouldn't it be crazy if this situation was the result of several smaller issues added together? Like low iron and a positive Valley Fever test? Probably not but process of elimination needs to continue before giving up, imo.
(9)

Happy Birthday Lea. Hoping it is a nice day. Enjoy that cake. I’m sure it will be delicious.
(4)

Happy Birthday Lealonnie! I hope you are feeling good enough to enjoy it!
(3)

Happy Birthday Lealonnie!
All that firework noise tonight, and the rockets red glare is to celebrate that you are free from cancer and still alive, and are still with us. 🇺🇸🎆🎇

That's all we got at this time, and will continue our prayers for complete healing.

God Bless you Lealonnie and the U.S.A.!
(5)

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Have a really big bite of that Stone Cold for ussssss!
(4)

Happy birthday !!! I hope you got Cold Stone cake !! 🎂🎂🎉🎈
(4)

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Lealonnie! Happy birthday to you!

Wishing you many more happy and healthy birthdays in the years to come.
(4)

Lea,

You’re very welcome. You and Chuck have a special relationship. You’ve been through and survived many difficult challenges. I don’t think either of you take the other for granted.

All of us have struggled during stressful times. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. No one has a perfect marriage where nothing goes awry.

I’m glad that Chuck was helped by the counseling at Mayo Clinic. I’m sure that he will benefit from counseling again if he chooses to go.

Have a wonderful birthday 🎂! Enjoy your cake! Hug and kiss your precious grand baby. It’s absolutely a beautiful day to celebrate.

Sending a bazillion birthday wishes and hugs your way today!
(6)

Happy birthday and may you have many more!!!
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter