Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
P
prayerservant Posted May 2015

My hubby is now in hospital, is going to be in rehab for 3 months and then permanent placed.

I've been taking care of him. It's bitter sweet cuz I feel Lonely and stressed.
I will be losing him now after caring for him since 2010 . Plus all of our money too . I'm so torn but I cd not go on doing it he was out of control. I had severe burnout and he was no longer able to use bathroom and kept falling and putting all kinds of things in his mouth . Now I waiting to see where he will go and I have Bn running to hosp every day . It's very scary cuz I have Bn with him since 19 years old . I really want h home but everyone at hosp said they don't know how I did it for so long. Very sad . Is anyone se going thru diff decisions like this? My son lives at home but is not much help and he has no fam to speak of . Thx and I will pray for everyone too xo Donna he's Bn diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia but no one can tell me why? he had no stroke or head injury that I know of and he worked at Brookhaven national Labortories if anyone else has anything to share plz do thx so much

pamstegma May 2015
Be thankful you are in NY one of the states that is high spending on care. It will be much better for you to visit him as a friend instead of a caregiver. Hopefully they can find the right medications to calm him down and relieve his anxiety. You are a good and loyal wife.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter