Follow

In trying to form this a question, I came up with the above. Too many times some people, who for whatever reason, feel they need to preach, shame or guilt caregivers who are trying their best to care for loved ones. That is obviously counterproductive for people looking for guidance and ideas. Every situation is unique and what works for someone may or may not help another. Something that does seem to work, is that we have this forum to gather insight and ideas from. That being said, I want to shout out a huge “THANK YOU” to the creator of this web site and to every caregiver who has done whatever needed to be done with or for their loved ones. Blessings, love, peace and strength to all who are sharing. To a new year, cheers....

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I was a reader lurker for five years before I finally posted. This forum has been an absolute salve to me. I appreciate the time and wisdom.
(2)

Yes, I agree, a grateful thanks to All of AC creators, staff, posters, and ACCM.!!!
(1)

Chiming in with my thanks as well.
Thank you.
(1)

A email group friend posted an article from Aging Care. I had just moved Mom in and it was overwhelming. I joined the group and found others who had the same feelings I did. Found information I was able to use.

Yes, thank you to the people who created the forum.
(3)

Thank you cwillie for saying that, & sticking up for us. God bless.✌☺.
(3)

I am very thankful for this forum. I thought I was alone in a crazy new way of life hanging by a tree branch. But by the grace of God I found this site were they're were people dealing with their crazy way of life. I was not alone! I may not agree with some of the advice I was given and I am sure their are people who don't always agree with me, but that is what makes this place so great!
Thank you Agingcare and all the people that make this a great forum;)
(4)

I will always be grateful to this site. It was a lifesaver and I only wish I found it sooner when I was caring for my dad and grandmother. There is a lot of compassion, kindness and understanding here.

I know there is the odd spat but overall, it has been a good experience for me.

Thank you to everyone!
(4)

Alzh101

I completely agree. A huge THANK YOU to all!!!
(3)

On the whole given that we have members from many walks of life and many parts of the world I don't see an inordinate amount of preaching, shaming or guilting going on - there are often differences of opinion and sometimes advice given to people sounds harsh because that's what the situation calls for, agreeing with everything someone says is not always the best policy. One of the unique things about AgingCare is that many members continue to follow and contribute long term, most other similar forums do not have nearly so many active threads or answers given to questions - that can be a blessing in that there is a community who have come to know and care about each other, but just like any small town or family the downside is that sometimes there are spats... hopefully most people who are savvy enough to be on line also know enough to take what is helpful and disregard the rest.
(10)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter