Giving Power of Attorney When Legally Incompetent

Started by

My mother refused to sign a power of attorney when she was still competent. Now we aren't able to qualify for Dept. of Aging (state) help because of 1 piece of property she owns and needs to sell, and am not able to take care of her properly financially. Neither can I afford the legal fees to hire an attorney to help us get guardianship. We live in Pennsylvania. Is there anything I can do?

Join the conversation (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support