Just saw my neighbor and I think he has had a stroke or something. He has lost a lot of weight and shakes all the time. I cannot understand what he is saying now.
He lives with his handicap daughter and handicap son. The house is filthy and has changed since wife died.

Who can I call to get a social worker or someone who can make decisions and change whatever is happening?

Thank you for being a good neighbor. The elderly are so vulnerable. You are a blessing to your neighbor’s family and to the community for being concerned and caring.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to M209M209

Yep, APS is who you want to call. Just "google" it in your State to find the number.
Helpful Answer (4)
Reply to mstrbill

I agree with Barb that you should call Adult Protective Services for your area. They will do a wellness check. If you cannot reach them I would call my local police department (not on 911 line, but a regular line) and ask them how to proceed for wellness check; tell them what you told us. I hope you will update us when you find help or someone who will follow up. Thanks for being a good neighbor.
Helpful Answer (6)
Reply to AlvaDeer

Adult Protective Services is who you need to involve.
Helpful Answer (9)
Reply to BarbBrooklyn

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter