Do I have to have an attorney to get financial POA set up in Kansas?


My grandmother is passing, we can get medical POA set up with a notary/ or two witnesses. My concern is financial POA/ executor status or personal representative once she passes. I spoke with an attorney and it is very expensive to get these things in place. DO you HAVE to have an attorney in Kansas to accomplish this?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.


Not all attorneys are that pricey for a POA. Call your local Area Agency on Aging & they may be able to offer low cost or free advice. To have it done properly I would advise an attorney after you locate important documents that pamstegman noted.
Helpful Answer (0)

If she is close to death, all you need is Hospice. If she has a Will, find it, it will tell you who the Executor is. If she does not have a Will and is close to death, again you are too late to do anything.
Find her burial plot deed. Call a funeral director and plan the funeral. Depending on the size of her estate, you may have to hire a lawyer for probate.
I did write my father's Will and he signed it, but he was in good health at the time. Now is too late.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.