Yes. This happened to mom with dementia. She kept asking me what the sign on the wall said. There was no sign. Mom already had dementia but this started suddenly. Turned out she had a really bad UTI. Please get her checked out.
Reply to SparkyY

Hi DanaNicole
Hallucinations can be caused by many things. You need to have your mother seen by her doctor ASAP. It can be as simple as a UTI that an antibiotic can cure or it can be the result of a stroke or side effect of a med or imbalance of electrolytes from dehydration. Many different things can cause this. It’s not something to ignore or wait and see about. Let us know what you find out. We care.
Reply to 97yroldmom

DanaNichole, sounds like your Mom may have an Urinary Tract Infection. Seeing things on the wall is one of the many symptoms.

I remember when my Dad was seeing ants on the wall, thus a quick trip to Urgent Care for a UTI test. Yep, he had an UTI. This can be corrected with antibiotics.