Find Care & Housing
Babypatel, the vast majority of grown children who are caring for a parent do not get paid..... unless the parent pays you directly. As DollyMe had mentioned you would need to draw up an employment contract plus you would need to figure out payroll taxes.

Another option is to see if your parent can apply and be accepted by Medicaid [which is different from Medicare]. All States have some type of program but it varies from State to State regarding paying a family member. Don't be surprised if the pay is minimum wage for a limited number of hours per week.

Let us know what you decide.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to freqflyer

They can self pay you, decide on a per hour figure and make up a contract between you and your parent.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to anonymous912123

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter