This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Best bet is to check with your state government. My uncle lives in Oregon and gets 2400 a month for taking care of his wife. I live in Iowa and I get nothing for taking care of my mother. This all depends on what state you live in. You could do an employment contract if the person you care for has enough money. 
Helpful Answer (2)

WoodenBoat, please note that the vast majority of family caregivers do not get paid... unless the person for whom you are caring can pay you from their savings. If yes, then you would need to have drawn up an employment contract.

Check with your State Medicaid office to see if your Dad can apply for Medicaid. Sometimes Medicaid can send in an Aide to help out for a couple hours a week to give you a break. Or to see if they have a program where you can get paid, but note the pa will be minimal. Again, it depends on the State programs, which sadly could be cut by the Federal Government cutting funds, thus not helping the States like they use to.
Helpful Answer (1)

Number one question on this site.
Here's a link to article that discusses various options.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter