How can I fasten an alternating pressure mattress in a recliner?

I ordered an alternating pressure mattress for my Mom's recliner which she sits in a lot as another here recommended. I was wondering how these are fastened to a recliner without any ties? Actually for a hospital bed, ordered from amazon for about 85.00. I would appreciate any help. Thank you

7

Answers

My daughter puts a waterproof fitted mattress cover over her recliner when I stay and that keeps in place with the elastisized edges so that may help the pressure mattress stay put. I spill alot of stuff and my stomach tube oftens comes loose and drains everywhere if I am asleep.
You will figure it out don't worry.

Otherwise duct tape comes to mind with something over it Maybe even a stretch recliner cover
Reply to Veronica91

Much luck.
Reply to Grammyteacher

Just received the mattress, thank you Grammyteacher!
Reply to helpingmom1

Ours doesn't slide much at all. I thought about safety pinning it to at first but decided to just try it. We are always with mom so I just kept an eye on it. It truly was the best purchase.

My mom has not gotten any pressure ulcers /bed sores and she has been immobile for about 3 years.
Reply to Grammyteacher

Don't the long flaps need to be tied down some way to keep the mattress from sliding?

Can I use safety pins, or will that cause tears to flaps or duct tape? I haven't received it yet to see how it works, but ordered the one on amazon that is for a hospital bed actually.

Thanks so much
Reply to helpingmom1

I pull the long flaps over the head and foot if the recliner, then I put a fitted sheet over it. It works well for us but I guess it depends on your recliner 😁
Reply to Grammyteacher

Can't you just cover it with a sheet or blanket that you can pin around the back of the chair? Or if that is too tacky maybe cover it with a slipcover?