Moved in with my parents (2008) to assist in the care of my Mother who died from Alzheimers in 2010. My Dad has had mobility issues since before then that has progressed to his hip joint (which has been replaced twice) popping out when he tries to move around. I've been here since 2008 trying to scrape a living doing odd jobs, while caring for the property, cleaning, feeding, laundry, etc. Is it possible to get compensated for my efforts? Though he has a decent fixed income, my saving has dwindled to about $2k. God help me if my daughter or I have medical issues.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Wamaroe, the majority of grown children are not paid for taking care of their parent(s).... unless the parent can pay you from their own retirement fund.

You might try Medicaid [which is different from Medicare] to see if your Dad an be accepted. In some States there are programs that will pay a grown child for caring for a relative, but the pay will be very minimal.

You did mention that your Dad has a decent fixed income. May I suggest he hire a caregiver from an Agency, then that way you can return to work and start back building up your own retirement fund.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter