I have a tax question. I'm POA & the primary caregiver for my disabled boyfriend who lives with me. I collect IHSS, which is not taxable income because he lives in my home. Can I take any deductions (I still owe other taxes) for miles to the many doctor appointments and all the things I've gotten for his care? Would it be necessary and correct to claim him as a dependent in order to do so? Obviously taxes are due Monday (as I did an extension)! Thank you!

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter