My name is ION and I am 67 years old.

My father (97) has a whole life ins. policy started many years ago with JACKSON NATIONAL LIFE INS. CO. I have a Power of Attorney to handle all matters pending my father due to the fact that he has an severe form of Dementia / Alzheimer's. My father lived with me until about 2 months ago when he was accepted in a nursing home. However his condition became unstable and was taken (about 3 days ago) for a better monitoring into Summerlin Hospital where he is in the present.

I had requested several times JACKSON NATIONAL LIFE Ins. to mail me a copy of my father's policy--since I don't have one, and they refused to do it.

Do they have the legal right to prevent me from having a copy of the policy, since I am my father's only son?!

Find Care & Housing
Call the insurance company again and ask them what you need to be able to get a copy. That your Dad is now incompetent and your POA is in effect. They may need what is called a Medallion. The bank can issue one. If they say no, tell them its for Medicaid purposes and you need to prove if there is cash value.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to JoAnn29

It depends on how the policy is set up. They could be denying you for privacy concerns and/or if you're not a beneficiary on the policy.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to shad250

You shoul take your personal info off here.

This is a caregiver forum, not professionals giving legal advice.

You put yourself ar risk having that info online.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Isthisrealyreal

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter