Follow

Whether we have had a happy childhood, horrible childhood, happy or sad adult life we all have things of value to share.

Let’s all listen with an open mind and heart. In our lives each and every one of us has said the wrong thing, intentionally or not, haven’t listened as well as we could have to other’s points of view, offended others and have been offended, not apologizing for our words or actions, failing to be interested in other’s views, In other words, no one is perfect.

Forgiving is liberating. Not forgiving hurts ourselves the most. Forgive yourself and others and be kind.

I have felt like I am walking on eggshells at times and that isn’t the purpose of this forum.

All are welcome! No one is excluded and if we disagree let’s try to do it with love.

Peace!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
It’s difficult. Yes, occasionally there are trolls, or perhaps people who desperately want their own rather warped perceptions to get some support. But generally, I think that the site really works to provide different points of view, without the anger that often comes from people who have very strong beliefs about right and wrong (where they are right and everyone else is wrong). We don’t need to ‘walk on eggshells’, or worry too much about saying the wrong thing, because it is all anonymous. If some other anonymous person is upset, so what? So let’s be glad to hear different ideas, different suggestions, different situations that sometimes we can see are so much worse than those we have had to cope with ourselves. Best wishes to everyone, Margaret
(6)

I agree with Margaret. This is a safe place to vent and get advice for this overwhelming task of caring for a loved one. Some people ask for advice and then refute every poster trying to help, or just ignore the posts and disappear never to be heard from again. I think when someone posts that they are being abused or there’s the potential there for abuse, those are the worst because we cannot help. I’ve contacted administrators of this forum and reported dangerous situations, hoping but not knowing if they actually did something.

Any time you get a group of people together and ask for their opinions on a tough situation, there will be misunderstandings. You’re reading words and sometimes the members who post answers do come across as judgmental and well, less than kind.

Id like to think that none of us here would deliberately belittle a poster who’s asking for help. We all reach our limit at times. It’s understanding that someone has reached that point and is posting out of pain and frustration is what makes the truly wonderful and kind contributors here who take their time to try to help.
(4)

See your points. Thanks.
(1)

👏 bravo NHWM, so well said.
(1)

I agree with everyone. Let's just all pull together and do the best we can to support each other. Even tho we don't really know each other, anyone that is legitimately dealing with this caregiving situation, has their own unique struggles. And I get it that we may not always agree with each other. But it's ok. Everyone who is going through this has their unique perspective. And sometimes, we all need a different way to look at things. Even though it may be hard to hear at times, sometimes it's just what's needed!
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter