Follow

Came to came to see my mom in the nursing home today as I always do. Last week she was very out of sorts and rambunctious I realize this is the nature of the dementia illness. I can't help but think that some part of her inside knows that she's being nasty. She always calls me afterwards when she does this and apologizes so I know my mom is in there but sometimes I just can't reach her and it's frustrating. I'm so glad I have this forum in which to learn from and hopefully teach other people how difficult it is dealing with an elder that has Alzheimer's heart dementia. It's just so hard to believe that a God-fearing able-bodied woman who always gave her life to Christ has now been given this obstacle in her life to deal with. I'm amazed at her the way control of this disease I just again wonder sometimes it's controlling her. I hope everyone out there that reads this understands that you're not alone this is going on and we have to deal with it it's happening for a reason God bless you all that I reading this

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Dollyme, yes it is very sad especially when you see someone that use to be so particular with everything and now just doesn't give a care. but it hasent shaken her faith in the Lord.
(0)

Hi Tiger45,
It can be very difficult dealing with this illness. When I first found myself alone and lonely without my friend, (my MOM) I could hardly bare it. I didn't have this amazing forum to see that I was not alone with what I was feeling. the only advise i could give u or anyone is be patient and remember the person in there is lost to the illness. she will have good days and very bad days. Be PATIENT it is the one thing I still struggle with. Yes, she is on a pain med but the only time see it bother her is when she doesn't get It. It could explain the agitation. Thank you so much for pointing that out to me. my mom called me this am and told me that they are steeling her clothes, her blankets etc. its sad. I know she believes it so i never say anything contrary to her comments. I just said to myself i guess she has nothing better to do today. i always just agree. It seems to placate her. Hang in there and God Bless.
(0)

I definitely understand how you feel. We put my grandmother in a NH in the last 2 months. She doesnt do a lot of talking anymore, but I notice some of the other people in the memory care ward. Today they can be just as friendly, and tomorrow they may be snapping everyone's head off. Sometimes my grandmother can be mean too, even though she doesnt express it in words anymore. I just hold her and tell her I love her. I have made up my mind to just take the good with the bad and just enjoy what time I have left with her. Good luck and God bless
(0)

So sorry for ur pain... I'm rather ignorant about dimentia Ksouza so: may I ask if there's any med that may be agitating mom? I ask cuz my mom's pain med caused agitation & hyper talking. She needed the med, but I gave her food to keep in her room, (took the edge off her 'mania' reaction). Take❤care.
(0)

God came make good come out of bad (Rom 8:28) and doesn't "waste" anything. I see it as He is using it to teach something to the others who love her and care for her. We all learn a lot through extremely trying circumstances, especially emotional ones. In scripture we are never promised perfect, trouble-free lives (Matt 5:45) but He walks with us through it all (Isaiah 43:1-2) Blessings!
(1)

Please get your Mother checked for a UTI. (urinary tract infection), right away.

The symptoms of a UTI in the elderly are different, and the patient cannot report accurately.

There is a huge behavior change as one well-recognized symptom.
(1)

This disease is very scary, and so difficult to understand. Hugs to all!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter