And, if there is no one who has POA of either kind and this person is deemed incompetent, someone will need to seek guardianship for them. A person has to be judged competent to appoint a POA and sign the form.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Ahmijoy

Does this person have a Durable Power of Attorney for finances? Often the judge will appoint that person as POA for Health Care. You need to talk to an Elder Care Attorney about the situation.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to DeeAnna