He is in a rehab facility (Heritage in Naples, Fl.). They told me they were discharging him next Thursday. He can't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom on his own. Need help ASAP. Thanks for any advice

Speak with the social worker at the rehab facility. If there’s not one ask for a referral for one. Tell this person the situation, that your friend cannot care for himself in his home and needs help with placement with nursing care
Helpful Answer (4)
Reply to Daughterof1930
Willy2 Jan 28, 2019
Thank you very much for your advice. We were able to schedule a meeting with the social worker tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
See 1 more reply
You need to tell them there is no one to care for him. (Don't volunteer) They can't discharge him to an unsafe place. Ask if he can be placed in a NH pending an application for Medicaid. If they won't do that, call APS and your Office of Aging.
Helpful Answer (3)
Reply to JoAnn29

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter