I been taking care of my wife a very long time 'I had to stop working due to my wife has to have 24/7 care. She has leukemia she is a diabetic she a seizure disorder she is bedfast she had an amputation recently she collect s ss and disability check which is hardly anything I do not receive any kind of money so the question is there any way I can collect some kind of money fore being a caregiver ?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Majority of husbands do not get paid for caring for wife, unless the wife is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If your wife can afford to pay you, the wife might as well hire a certified trained caregiver… thus allowing you to keep or look for a full-time job so that your own retirement fund will grow .

If your wife qualifies for Medicaid, the State could allow a trained Caregiver from an Agency to come in to help a couple hours a day. There are some States that might pay a husband to care for the wife, it’s worth checking out. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs. Some have waiting lists. And some won't pay a live-in relative to care for a patient.

Also, check with your local Council on Aging to see what programs they offer, such as an Aide coming to the house.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter