He is 68 retired and has stage 3B lung cancer. It's been 6yrs. Taking care of minimum domestic care. Past year of down hill health issues and 6 months of full time care giving, where do I began to take action for being paid for caregivers assistance?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Majority of caregivers, that are not being paid through an Agency where they work, do not get paid for caring for their patient [parent/spouse/friend/sig other], unless the patient is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a patient can afford to pay you, the patient might as well hire a certified trained caregiver… thus allowing you to keep or look for a full-time job so that your own retirement fund will grow.

If your patient qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver from an Agency to come in to help a couple hours a day. There are some States that pay a relative to care for an elder, it’s worth checking out, but not every State has this. Each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also, check with your local Council on Aging to see what programs they offer, such as an Aide coming to the house.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter