I am a lady 81 years old. Accident 4 years ago resulted in broken hip, replaced in ER. Was not told I didn't get a total hip replacement. Moved from CA to western NY and found that I only got a partial hip replacement. Now looking for a GOOD orthopedic surgeon for hip revision surgery. Have called 3 orthopedic surgeons. They won't do hip revision surgery unless they did the original surgery. They don't have Kaiser in NY. I've been in a lot of pain for 4 years with no hope there is someone who will help me. I speak to the receptionist who says the doctor won't do the revision, but no help finding an orthopedic surgeon who will.

Can you change your insurance during the next enrollment period? You will have to change your doctors but at least you can get out of this cycle.
You can also ask your primary doc for an out of service referral
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to MACinCT

Do you have a primary care physician? Usually they can help find a specialist for you.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to TNtechie

Hello, I sent you a Private Message with a list of some doctors in New York. You will need to research them further to see if they will do your surgery or if they can suggest someone.

You can also review the doctors listed in the Medical Society of the State of New York physician database used in production of the Medical Directory of New York State. The MSSNY Physician Lookup service includes only current members of the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY). MSSNY is not responsible for validating any information supplied by physicians.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to DeeAnna

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter