What are the options children have in Texas if their parents refuse help. My parents clearly can no longer care for themselves, nor should they be driving. We have received complaints from other relatives and from their tax attorney. But they will not let any of us into the house and refuse all attempts at help. Nor will they sign any legal documents. We have no idea of their financial state, but suspect they are running out of money. None of us have the funds to hire an elder care attorney. What are our options to try and get them some help?

Call your local Adult Protection Agency to do a well check and evaluate the situation. It may be too late for a POA. They have to be of sound mind to assign someone. Guardianship is the alternative but can be expensive. You can use parents funds.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to JoAnn29

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter