I am the only living child, how can I get the house in my name? The house is free and clear. All her other debts are paid.

See an attorney to help you walk through filing for probate and to manage the estate. If you are the only living heir this may be quite easy, but requires a bit of guidance for filing in her county and etc. You will be able to settle things fairly easily I suspect.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to AlvaDeer

I agree, a lawyer can help. Its got to be shown ur the only living relative.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to JoAnn29

You need the assistance of an attorney to navigate through this to make sure everything is done lawfully and correctly and that nothing come up in the future to bite you you-know-where. Depending on the laws of your state, you may have to go through probate court and let them decide how Mom’s assets are distributed.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Ahmijoy

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter