My cousin and I are trying to get in-home help for our aunt. She is 96 and refuses to pay for the help she needs. Any suggestions? - AgingCare.com

My cousin and I are trying to get in-home help for our aunt. She is 96 and refuses to pay for the help she needs. Any suggestions?

She has the means to pay for in home help. She is paranoid we are taking her money and spending it against her will. What can we do to get access to pay for this much needed in home help?

1

Answer

Your profile says you're caring for someone with Alz/Dementia. Is that the aunt? Is she still capable of handling her own money at her age? Did she appoint an POA? If not, it might be too late now that she's so paranoid. If she's no longer in her right mind, you might have to go get conservatorship.

If she has someone she trusts, you can try enlisting the person's help to convince your aunt.
Reply to polarbear