My mom has started developing bedsores. Any ideas?

My mom is almost 92 and in the final stage of Alz. She is completely bed bound, cannot move on her own, incontinent and non-verbal. She has started developing bedsores, the worst is on her butt, but now has one on her hip and starting to get them on her heels. We try to change her position as much as possible but she is in pain on her side and always falls back to lying on her back. We are using patches, med.ointment, position changing and keeping her clean and dry. She also seems to have trouble breathing on her side as she winds up getting face down on the mattress or pillow - we use props to keep her in place but again she still winds up face down. We are using an air pillow to relieve the stress on her butt, but now she is developing sores on her hips (lying on her side) and on her heels. She cannot move her arms or legs so we do that for but her joints are freezing up. Any ideas of what we can do to help her? Her nutrition is poor as she no longer wants to eat, so we keep her hydrated with home-made smoothies (yogurt, fruit, juice and her meds) as this is something she will take. Does anyone have any ideas of what else we can do for her? She is at home under hospice care.

Lindaz, what do the hospice nurses say about this? They are the professionals, and I'm sure they deal with this all the time.
They are they ones (after we pointed out the worsening nature of the bedsores) who supplied patches to cover them and the special ointment. But I wonder if this is because of her age and the length of time that she has been bed-bound.
Based on what you describe, I don't know what else there could be to do for her. I think all you can do is keep doing what you are. It is so difficult to watch a loved one decline, but it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Sending thoughts for mercy and comfort to you & your mother.
Thank you sandwich42plus. I've read on-line that putting honey on them might help them to heal...Has anyone tried this?
Dont ever put anything on a pressure wound (bedsore) that is not specifically prescribed by a doctor or nurse. Bed sores happen when the body stays in a certain position for long periods of time. Blood pools in those areas (particularly with the elderly who have poorer circulation) eventually causing tissue breakdown. There are several things that can be done. The first, if possible, help her change position every hour or two throughout the day. If she is not incontinent, or is kept quite clean throughout the day, sometimes a sheepskin pad helps. The last possibility is a hospital bed with a special mattress. Hopefully, you have some kind of visiting nurse coming, if not, request one through her PCP. A nurse practitioner sent from her PCP office, is your best friend. if you get a good one, they can advocate for you to get the necessary medical equipment to keep your loved one comfortable.
I know they use sheepskin heel cups in the nursing homes. They also have sheepskin pads that can be used under their hips. Don't know what else to tell you, sounds as if you are doing all you can do. Their skin just gets like paper. I know you can get air mattresses that inflate and deflate underneath them to help the circulation.
terrasil wound max, silverdine...
mrsvena, thank you for your answer. She is in a hospital bed with the special air mattress. She is completely incontinent and has a catheter in. We do keep her clean and dry and are working with her doctor (who is amazing and comes to the home at least once a week, more if needed). It is just so hard to watch her decline and not be at least, able to help with the sores, as they must be painful to her.
I've not heard of the sheepskin heel caps and they sound like something we should try. I will ask the nurse about them when she comes tomorrow. We do have a podiatrist who comes about every 3 months to care for her feet and he gave us booties to put her feet in, but she then started rubbing her heels against the mattress (to get them off, I guess) and made the matter worse, but they were not made of sheepskin and may have been uncomfortable for her. Hugs to all!
I was just doing a google search and found that there are several different options for the heel protectors. There are also convoluted (eggcrate) foam ones that are slightly less expensive. Ask the nurse which she recommends. Obviously they would be for someone who doesn't get out of bed on their own, and I say this for someone else who might be reading. I would think they might cause tripping or a balance issue.

I use Johnson & Johnson Tough Pads hydrocolloid bandages for the sores. I forgot to say that earlier. I buy them at Walmart or Target, 4 to a box, they are not cheap but effective. You can probably find them elsewhere, too.