I am 65 and recently had a stroke. Where can I find help paying my rent before they lock me out?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 5 of 5
Top Answer
Punkss, were you working prior to your stroke? If not, how was your rent being paid? At 65, are you receiving Social Security? Is it enough to cover your rent? Just trying to gather more information so we can help you with your question.
Do you have disability insurance?
Call your local Area Agency on Aging. They should be able to advise you on any services or alternate housing available for you in your area.
I'm not sure but I believe that the Salvation Army can help out, for a one-time payment until someone "gets back on their feet."
Social Services have money for things like this.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support