Need to see what his insurance might cover.

Find Care & Housing
Cathie, I see your Dad is 74 years old, thus he must be on Medicare. Please note that medicare does not cover any in-home caregiving. As for his secondary insurance, the same probably applies.

If your Dad has Long-Term Insurance, you would need to check with that insurance company as policies are different.

Most of us had to hire and pay out of pocket for caregivers. I was glad my Dad had a "rainy day" account to cover such costs.

You could also check with Medicaid to see if your Dad could be accepted. Depending on what programs are available in your State [each State handles their own Medicaid as it is taxpayer funded], you might be able to get an Aide to come over a couple times a week for a couple of hours.

Hope you find something that works.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to freqflyer

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter