He lives in Rancho Cucamonga Ca. Please let me know if anyone can help!

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Your father is too vulnerable to be housed with a stranger. I concur with the wise insights made by Worried and Florida, I hope you will take them to heart and find appropriate long-term housing for him.
Helpful Answer (3)

I agree with worried, but would also add, these arrangements are fraught with danger.  It can be difficult to get roommate out.  Over time, father will need more help.   By mobility issues, do you mean he needs help showering, getting to toilet?   This is a full time job.   I mean this in the nicest way, you need to help dad find a long term solution.
Helpful Answer (2)

Hi, this isn’t a job placement board. You might try contacting the department of social services to see what your dad qualifies for. There’s no state program that will be pay for a live in caregiver but he may qualify for one to come for a few hours a day. You can’t offer room & board in exchange for caregiving either, by the law the caregiver has to be paid at least minimum wage for all hours worked.
Helpful Answer (4)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter