How do I locate someone to assist with financial planning for long term care?

There are financial planners that specialize in elders and their particular financial needs. They will also address tax consequences of the different options that are available.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Tothill

I am in the same situation. I have an appointment with an eldercare attorney in August. Probably should have done this two years ago. I am too over whelmed dealing with the day to day drama that is now my father's life.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to lkdrymom

Your bank's manager could probably sit down with you to go over your assets and help you plan for the best allocation/use of them, or refer you to a financial planner that could assist you.

I would also consult with an elder law attorney about long term care planning from a legal standpoint, how any plans will impact Medicaid if you should need it, etc. It does get overwhelming with so much to think about. Fortunately, you are not alone, and there are professionals that can offer assistance.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to FrazzledMama

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter