Follow

I have a lot of stress in my life at this time. I did enjoy this forum very much at one time. I enjoyed chatting with everyone. I learned a lot. I enjoyed participating and for those who appreciated it, thanks, for those who didn’t, oh well. I am entitled to my opinions too! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I enjoyed reading many of the posts. I feel the vibe has changed and I am taking a break or maybe stopping altogether.

I have received wonderful private messages and I thank all of you. I have also received messages that were down right nasty. It doesn’t matter. They don’t know me. This is a forum. No one can hear the tone of someone’s voice or see an expression on a face.

Things get misunderstood. Everyone has misunderstood something in their life. Everyone has said the wrong thing at some point in their life. Let me be the first to say that I am not perfect, never ever thought that I was. I don’t like the feeling of waking on eggshells. Let me also remind everyone, no one posting on this forum is perfect and in my opinion you don’t have to be. No hard feelings. I feel it’s time to go.

I love my mother with all my heart. I will do what I can to care for her until her last breath. Have I complained about her? Of course I have. My mom is struggling too. Parkinson’s disease is difficult to live with.

I needed to vent too but I always loved her because she is deserving of it. She isn’t a narcissist, nowhere close to it. She didn’t abuse me. Has she made mistakes? What parent hasn’t? What child hasn’t?

I am sorry for those that were abused. No one deserves that. Whether I care for mom at home or in a facility I will handle it. I will figure everything out. I am a survivor. I always have been.

I am following the wonderful advice that many told me to do, taking care of myself. I neglected myself for years. I have to get better so I can help mom. I am a senior too. I am 63 with my own health issues.

Take care. Help each other. Support each other.

Bye.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
No wonder I haven't seen your posts lately.  I just found this.  I hope tests were ok, or told enough so you know what to do.   HUGS!
(0)

Oh, honey, I hope you come back and tell us all you'll be fine. You are so giving, not just to your mom but to us on this forum. I understand about needing to take a break. There have been a few times I had to step away from the forum. We're your friends. Lean of us. *big ol' hug*
(2)

NHWN
Hope this finds you well. I would like to think your in the background reading--making your way around! I also hope that the test have come out with nothing to alraming. Prehaps you found a new support group and if you did they are lucky to have you!

Just wanted to say hello!
(2)

NHWM, hope you are feeling better and we soon see you back here posting on the AC! We miss you!
(3)

Hope to see you back soon! Good health to you.
(1)

So sorry that you have these health issues and have gone, but I understand. Hope you will be feeling better soon and will be back. Prayers for you and your mum.
(2)

Take care of yourself.  I hope that the heart tests are negative for something wrong.

Your insight on various topics has been so helpful to everyone. ❀

God Bless!  🙏
(0)

Love to u 💝NHWM, & good choice taking a break. I enjoyed your fellowship very much. God bless.
(0)

I wish you all the best.

I know your heart is strong. I hope the tests all prove it.

The internet has allowed people we would have referred to as "peeping toms" "obscene phone callers" to become sneakier and more under the radar.

Ignore the meanies. There are still far more good people in the world than nasty ones.

Enjoy your break--but do let us know how things go.

{{Hugs}}
(7)

NHWM I am wishing all the best for you. I agree that you will figure everything out. I also agree that it is time to care for yourself and you deserve to enjoy your life. I totally understand when you go somewhere for support but only get more stress and more flack that you would turn away from it. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong in this world when anger and blame seems normalized, and it makes me ache for my younger days when people seemed more kind. I don't know if society at large has changed or I have, but anyway, many prayers to you.
(1)

I do understand where you are coming from when it comes to this forum.

This is suppose to be a safe place to talk, vent, and ask questions, but some how something has change...

It is really sad when people have nothing better to do than to attack someone because they disagree or simply didn't like the answers they were given. I ask myself everyday, what has become of this world? I am not just talking about this forum, but the things I see on the news and what I see when I go out into the streets of my city. Wow, how things have change!

Most of us have been dealt with a bad hand a time or two and we are doing the best we can. The last thing anyone needs is to have more stress added to an already hard situation.

NHWM, I have always liked your post with your crazy sense of humor shining through and your up beat vib. You are right, everyone is entitle to have their own opinions and misunderstanding happens in this line of communication.

But I speak the truth, for those of you who have sent nasty and mean spirit private messages to people on this forum what you do in the dark God will surely bring it into the light.

I am sorry to see you go NHWM, but I understand. Take care of yourself and please let me know how you are doing a time or two. There is still some of us who do care!

May God walk with you holding the light at your feet as you walk the path He has layed out for you.

Hug!
(3)

Many here will miss you! Praying you will feel better and return to posting someday soon.
(3)

Hoping all your tests are negative. I believe you said you have a diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension- the testing will show how strong your heart muscle is and if your heart valves are working properly too. I believe you were to schedule a sleep study too. If you have sleep apnea CPAP will help. In many cases pulmonary hypertension is due to OSA (obstructive sleep apnea).

I value your opinions always. No one should make judgements, positive or negative, as to YOUR choices. Let the negatives slide off your back like a duck in water.

Take care of yourself but but I do hope you will return to this forum because you have so much to offer.

God Bless...
(2)

As far as I am concerned....you have passed the heart test...You have one!
Take care of you and I hope you come back soon...at least to let us know everything is OK.
BTW...you don't have your Medicare card yet so you are a "sophomore-senior"
(60 yrs-doesn't count yet. 61 yrs middle school senior, 62 yrs freshman-senior, 63 yrs sophomore-senior, 64 yrs junior-senior 65 yrs senior-senior)
Be well...
(5)

I hope you will spare a moment to come back occasionally and let us know how you are doing. 99% of us are here because we care about others going to the same thing and want to help. There are trolls everywhere and we’ve all come up against them.

Best of luck with your health and your mom.
(6)

Hope to hear again from you soon
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter