Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
F
findthehumor Posted December 2017

My Christmas Gift Came Early...

Mom asked to phone her children. I helped her call my brother then both sisters. When she was finally hanging up, she said help me dial my other daughter, and said my name. In that moment, I was loved like her daughter again. no other group would understand that moment. Most might see it as a sad effect of dementia - looking to call the person standing right in front of her. To me, it was a gift. In her heart, she loves me as her daughter, though I am her caregiver too.  I hugged her tight.

Wishing each of you to receive an extra dose of love and joy this Christmas.

anonymous755326 Dec 2017
i LOVE that you saw the love in that moment. My spirit and spunk and open mindedness are tired and you just pepped it up a bit. You mom loves you as a daughter. I get how wonderful that is.

Arwen31 Dec 2017
What a wonderful story :)
Your attitude is what I'm trying to learn. Thank you so much for sharing.

ADVERTISEMENT

golden23 Dec 2017
I had some moments of peace and love with my mother during our last visit. She could not hear and is not very verbal anymore, but I held her hand and she squeezed it and we gazed at one another and the love flowed. It was a gift.

lsmiami Dec 2017
Merry Christmas to you and your mom

Margaret916 Dec 2017
Wonderful, you are obviously in her heart and that is where it counts!
Margaret

BootShopGirl Dec 2017
I love it! You know you are loved and remembered in some part of her mind! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

tgengine Dec 2017
Nice to hear a good story! It is nice you had that moment. Merry Christmas.

meallen Dec 2017
I am so glad you had this moment of joy.

geewiz Dec 2017
Lovely story, full of Christmas hope and magic. Thanks for sharing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter