Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
D
dragonflower Posted January 2015

Middle-Age "elders" with dementia.

I've been doing a lot of reading about early-onset Alzheimers. Of particular interest is the study of an extended family of 5000 in Colombia, South America, who carry a genetic marker for early-onset Alzheimer's disease. I'm curious as to how many people on this forum are actually caring for a person age 35-55 with dementia, rather than a true elderly adult. There surely must be different issues to deal with, because the person is still physically fairly strong.

JeanetteB Jan 2015
One more magic mushroom bob... ONE MORE! LOL

I will be first in line (have already tried) to be tested for AD/Dementia. Apparently i runs in the women of our family on my mothers side... but of course ... thank GOD everyone thinks I take after my dad. I'd rather my brothers get it than me and God forbid I have to take care of one of them, especially the butthead one whom has NO one but himself. Wouldn't that be justice in life. NOT!

anonymous158299 Jan 2015
" columbia , south america "
where even fresh mountain air and crystal clear stream water are hallucinogens .
just sayin ---

ADVERTISEMENT

gladimhere Jan 2015
I hope everyone plans on seeing "Still Alice" to be released in theatres across the country, next week I think.

Dealing with early onset I am sure is very different and much more difficult. There are a number of people on this forum that have and aome still are dealing with that. A friend of mine is dealing with early onset with his wife of 40 years. She is just 58 and recently was sent to a facility because her behaviors and wandering were becoming dangerous for both of them. He tried very hard to keep her at home, but just was not possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter