Hello ,
I have a disabled elderly woman whom a family wants to live with me and take care of. I have a family whom wants me to take over their elderly Aunt whom is also disabled. I will be moving to Florida very soon and they want her to come live with me in my house. They have told me I can be paid to have her living with me , what steps do I have to take in order for her to live with me and I be paid to do so. I am not qualified to be a legal caretaker meaning I don't have the credits or went to school , but while living with them In Georgia I took care of her. Now that I am moving how can I qualify to become an at home caregiver?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Hi BrieaLynne,

There are two great articles written by editor’s that were already posted in our community. We thought this might answer your caregiving question.


“10 Government Programs You Can Access for Your Elderly Parents.”


“How Can I Get Paid for taking Care of My Elderly Parents?”

Thank you,

Ashley T.
The Team
Helpful Answer (0)

I believe that a private family can pay you to take care of their aunt if they are satisfied you can do it. If a third party (such as Medicaid) is going to pay, then find out what their requirements are and see what training you will need to qualify.

You should be paid room and board and also for caregiving. Make sure that it is enough to cover respite or that respite is written into the contract. You will need time away and vacations. Know how this is to be covered before you agree to anything.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter