I currently am both of my parents caretaker. Dad is diabetic and has 2 bad ankles. They were both broken but only 1 healed due to the diabetes. He is confined 99% if the time to a wheelchair. My mom is on fulltime oxygen and has kidney failure and is on dialysis 3 times a week. I take care of them at home with everything and take them everywhere they need to go. I need financial help. I am unable to work because its absolutely fulltime taking care them. If I don't take care of them, they would have to go to a home and I can't let that happen. Does Pa have any program that would pay me for being their caretaker. We all can't live on the little income we all get. They have lots of medical bills and by the time I pay all the bills there's nothing left.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing

There are two great articles written by editor’s that were already posted in our community. We thought this might answer your caregiving question.

“10 Government Programs You Can Access for Your Elderly Parents.”


“How Can I Get Paid for taking Care of My Elderly Parents?”

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you need anything else and we look forward to seeing more questions and discussions from you.

Thank you,
Karie H.
The Team
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter