Need to know if any program will pay a child to care for a parent?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Top Answer
Check with your Office of Aging and local Medicaid office. They maybe able to give you info. I know PA has such plans.
Tetullis, the majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent... unless the parent can pay you from their own retirement funds. If yes, then you would need to prepare an Employment Agreement.

One option is to see if your parent can be accepted by Medicaid [which is different from Medicare]. It all depends on your State, their budget, what programs are still available. Some States will pay to a grown child, but note the pay will be very minimal.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support