My brother was awarded POA for my mother without my knowledge. Is there any way this can be contested? If so, please advise. - AgingCare.com

My brother was awarded POA for my mother without my knowledge. Is there any way this can be contested? If so, please advise.

3

Answers

Like magnum I think you have POA and guardianship confused. That you use the term award I wonder if this was a court action for guardianship. If so, they would have been required to attempt to notify you at your last known address.

The notification of court hearing would have also been published in a paper of general circulation in mom's county. Sometimes those papers in larger cities are not the paper you would think it is.
Reply to gladimhere

No and it was your mother's choice to give that to him. Why does this bother you?

I think you may have this confused with guardianship in which case you would be notified that a case was going to be heard concerning this.
Reply to cmagnum

Why would you need to be notified?
Reply to staceyb