My husband needs to get a picture identification card—not a driver’s license, just an I.D. card. But he’s bedridden and cannot leave the house. How do I get this accomplished?

Try to , online, find a traveling notary, ask them to come over and then fill out (prior to the visit) sign a p.o.a paper; this allows you to do the legwork. Then, take his current expired card to the DMV as his poa, and talk with the teller. They use the old pictures. I have done this myself.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to jennyfrix

Any chance he has a passport? If it’s expired you can mail it in for renewal. It’s what I did until then I was using an expired license. Everyone seemed to accept that. I know it’s challenging
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to carolsmith1
Ahmijoy Nov 30, 2018
No, he doesn’ t have a passport, unfortunately. But, I did go through channels and found that the Ohio DMV would send a field agent who came out a little more than a week ago and took his photo. It was all free and I am awaiting the ID so I can get his SS card replaced. A long process, but it had to be this way. Thanks for your advice!
Most DMVs will send a field agent out to the house if the person is home bound. You most likely have to call to arrange that.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to worriedinCali
Ahmijoy Sep 30, 2018
Thanks. You’re exactly right. I found it online and will call to request one tomorrow. It’s called a “Homebound Kit”.
No. He needs a current picture ID to get a replacement SS card. His driver’s license is expired and the SS office won’t accept it. I think I’ll call our DMV tomorrow.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to Ahmijoy
cwillie Sep 30, 2018
stupid bureaucratic bs makes things unnecessarily difficult, yet somehow criminals still manage to get fake ID
See 1 more reply
The nursing homes are full of people who can't accomplish this - what do they do? Is there no other to get what you need without the photo ID?
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to cwillie

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter