My mother has been in and out of the hospital since late July of this year and my father has not been able to draw a full pay check. I'm on disability and have been helping as much as I can but I will be moving into my own place this weekend. I'm trying to find any way to get some help for my parents. Could someone please give me any ideas. Thanks.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
The very first thing you need to do is obtain Power of Attorney for your parents. This will enable you to do their banking and obtain information on their behalf. There are websites that offer the paperwork and the paperwork needs to be signed by your parents and you in front of a notary.

The next step would be to go to the bank with your parents and have your name added to their accounts. This way you can sign checks and pay bills for them.

Have your dad round up all of their monthly bills. See if anything is late or delinquent. Keep their finances separate from your own. It might take a few months to have all of their bills in hand. Do your parents write a check for their bills? Would it be easier to get online banking for them (if you're going to take care of their bills)? Decide which is easiest for you and set that up.

In the beginning it's going to be confusing for you but after a month or two you'll get into a groove and be able to figure out what's going on.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter