How to decline to serve as the named agent?

Medical power of attorney.

14

Answers

No I was already one. My dad is driving me crazy. He has mental problems (same as my daughter) and he is yelling, cuzing and everything else, trying to get me out of his way. But see he has for 50 years treated me wrong, beat me in my younger years, has never treated me like his child. (he has two others that is he babies) well, I sent out letters to them and walked away. My next 30 to 40 years will be in peace. I know that is all the years I have left. I am a diabetic and now 50. His two babies, can take care of him (the are much younger then I) I had, had it.

What are you really asking? The word "NO" I cannot serve as a medical power of attorney comes to mind. Is this your question?

DaveIFM, I am confused of what you are saying. Please Explain Thank you

can health care-organizations REVEAL if a person has POA and proxies on file?

I understand you can provide information to them even if they can't acknowledge the person is a patient or give you patient data unless you have their HIPAA release

Under the regulations of HIPAA can health care-organizations if a person has POA and proxies on file?

Just today, I sent the letters out to the parents and their dr's letting them know I was stepping down from their medical power of attorney. It is finale. Now time to start my healing, loving people helping me with that. Also I like to Thank all here for the support you have showing me a stranger. Thank you

Best wishes to you, toxicfamilymemb. Please let us know when things calm down for you. You deserve some peace. It is so kind of you to be looking out for your mother's interest as best you can.

jeannegibbs, Yes, I have to give it up. For my own mental and physical health. As it is right now, I have not been to bed since 6:30am Monday morning. I have my own health problems, that need to be taken care of and with the things I am going through with what my dad is doing, is not helping my own health. I have gotten the papers drawed up and ready to mail. I am stepping down from both parents MPOA, but first going to Health and Human services and asking for the state to step and take Guardian of her. So she will be taken care of and all. If dad does the same thing with them, he will go to jail or mental ward. This would be the only way, to teach him he can't do this. So for my own health, I have to do this. Because of the state I have been in, it is even worrying my husband. He is seeing me going back to being like I was before when my dad caused me to go into a nerves brake down and my husband and kids almost lost me then. So yes, I have to do this. Thank you for explaining everything and asking.

The named agent is the person who can make medical decisions for the principal when she cannot make the decisions herself. It is not the person who takes care of her. You can withdraw from day-to-day care but still be able to act on her behalf if, for example, she were hospitalized and certain decisions need to be made.

Are you sure you want to give up that role?

No know one is secondary. Mom never wanted her husband of other kids to be. They only care for them self and rather she would die so they did not have to care for her. So they can take anything she has (that they already did with in 6 months of Dr. stating what was wrong with mom) But I can't take it any longer with him around. With in 6 months her husband and other kids tore up got rid of all her directive, wills and all. Then they illigally made them self her MPOA, it took me 9 months to get it back to where it was to be, with help of Dr. she at the time had only days to live if she got no help. But I have my own health problems and he causing some of them to get worst. I have to walk away. Her clinic won't help of give you answer, don't tried that way. Been to court, but think I have to go back and don't have money to do that. I am thinking about calling Department of Health and Human services and see if they will help me. I just don't know how about getting out of this.