I’m a 51 year old daughter taking care of my 81 year old mother full time 24/7 in my home. She’s has late stage Alzheimer’s. I am unable to work because financially it would make no sense. My husband owns his own landscaping company and has no insurance which means I have no insurance. Is there any financial, medication or food voucher assistance available to families in my situation? I live in Georgia.

Here are some links where you can get started to find out what your mother and your family may qualify for:

Medicaid in GA:
(and see other links in the left-hand menu)

DFCS locations:
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to JenniferLeigh
LeBronFan May 21, 2019
Thanks for responding and for sharing the links with me that may get me and my family some much needed help. I plan on touching base with those offices ASAP. Be blessed.
Can your mom afford to pay you?Unfortunately your state does not have any programs that will pay family members to be caregivers. They will pay for caregivers but the caregiver cannot be a family member. The good news is, if your mom qualifies for home caregivers, you will be able to go back to work. As far as food assistance, you can try applying for food stamps.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to worriedinCali
LeBronFan May 21, 2019
Thank you for your response. Fortunately we do get food stamps, but that’s all the assistance we get right now. I’m going to keep looking.
See 1 more reply

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter