Trying to find help if there is another way besides medicaide like i said my mom is on medixare and hospice but gets to much money to be on medixaide but nowhere near enoufh to pay someone i am trying to find a program where i could be her caregiver and have a income to be able to be with my mom

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
That’s a very common question asking about being paid. Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver allowing you to keep a full-time job.

Call the State to see if your parent qualifies for Medicaid [lot of elders start out on Medicare but switch over to Medicaid], the State might allow a trained Caregiver come in to help for a couple hours. Also check to see if your State is one of those States that has a “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out, it‘s worth looking into. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also contact your county agency on aging for programs such as Case Management, Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, housing, care referrals, etc,... go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county.

And please come back to the forums if you have any Caregiving questions, we would be more than happy to share our experiences with you, and give you ideas on what to do.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter