Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
P
PeggySue2020 Posted May 2023

California DSS revoking Atria facility’s license in San Mateo after staff poisoned three people, killing 2

https://abc7news.com/atria-park-san-mateo-cleaning-solution-senior-death-walnut-creek-complaints/13193591/

PeggySue2020 May 13, 2023
Dss has moved to revoke The other Atrias license.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/atria-walnut-creek-license-revoke/3228252/

ZippyZee May 2023
It's Atria

What did you expect?

ADVERTISEMENT

ventingisback May 2023
Terrible. What happened should have resulted in an automatic shut-down. Some situations should never give a corporation a second chance, much less the chance to continue business as usual. Automatic suspension! Automatic, out! Other smaller businesses get shut down right away, for much smaller offences.

PeggySue2020 May 2023
Venting, they haven’t officially revoked it. Atria has appealed and the whole thing will go to a judge. Until then they can remain open.

ventingisback May 2023
At times, it's all about who has the lawyer, judge, politician in their pocket. Justice seems to rarely prevail. I'm happy to hear DSS did the right thing, revoking the license. I hope the facility got more than just a slap on the wrist: in other words, not just revocation of the license.

PeggySue2020 May 2023
A resident in an Atria in nearby Contra Costa County had died a week prior after he walked into the staff kitchen and grabbed a staffs lunch and some detergent. A suit was filed and a worker was charged. But dss didn’t do anything in that case.

Maybe it took more than one person dying, you know? Or maybe it was that the facility directly fed their residents poison vs arguments that he killed himself.

PeggySue2020 May 2023
From all of this, I’d implore everyone to get very granular about what your loved one will get and how much it costs.

NeedHelpWithMom May 2023
Geeeeeeeez!

PeggySue2020 May 2023
Notgoodenough, yeah, a guy blew his head off at so’s place and weeks later another man climbed the fence from their penthouse auditorium so he could jump off the roof.

notgoodenough May 2023
Yeah, I remembered he worked in a care facility, but I couldn't remember if it was this one...there was a different problem in his, though, right? A suicide or something of that nature? The incidents (that one and this one in this post) happened sort of around the same time, am I remembering that correctly?

A really dreadful thing, this situation. Poor families. You place your LO into a care facility figuring that will keep them safe, and something like this happens.

PeggySue2020 May 2023
Notgoodenough, no. He works in a ccrc some distance away.

This is, however, the facility that his grandmother died in long ago. It’s considered one of the higher end ones.

notgoodenough May 2023
Is this the place where your DH works, Peggy?

PeggySue2020 May 2023
The San Mateo Da charged one of their workers with two counts of involuntary manslaughter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ex-atria-senior-living-worker-charged-after-2-residents-die/ar-AA1a5b7B

JoAnn29 May 2023
I thought this sounded familiar, it was last Summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter