program for elderly

Started by

is there a program that i can apply to to get paid for taking care of my mother in law


3930 helpful answers
Unfortunately, there is no program that will simply pay you. Depending on where you live and how much research you are willing to do (you state's Web site under their department of aging is a good place to start), you may find some respite care or even some hourly funding. Much depends on her financial situation. You might want to read this article on

This is the most common question asked by caregivers like you. Trying to find information on getting paid is difficult. And whether you can get paid or not entirely depends on where you live and your caring situation.

For more info read this article on getting paid:

and visit this section of AgingCare to read more articles like this:

Good luck - please let me know if I can help you all with anything else.


Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support