I am my mother's payee but the court ordered her a guardian. Does that mean I am no longer her payee?

Find Care & Housing
I think you need to check with Social Security. Normally they do not recognize guardianship or POA. Social Security usually requires an evaluation by their own Doc's.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to OldSailor
JoAnn29 Jan 28, 2019
Just read that Sailor is correct. SSA does not recognize POA or guardianship from a state court. So I guues you r still payee.
Probably. The guardian will need to be the payee. The guardian will be in charge of her finances and Medical and make all the decisions. They also will have to report how her money is being spent.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to JoAnn29

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter