Eleanor fell a year ago and her 2 neighbors approached her while she wasn't clear headed took advantage and made her sign to be her POA. She wants to revoke POA because their intentions are clear and it's to take as much as they can then put her into nursing home. They've stolen and continue stealing from her and they only care about Eleanor's finances. If she revoked them does she need a new POA? She doesn't have any kids or someone close to her who she could make her new POA. What is her best option?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question. the shortbread version. You probably have it all fixed by now tho :)
Helpful Answer (0)

She can hire a firm that has licensed fiduciaries, typically they do not charge unless they are performing duties as POA.

You are a caregiver, yes/no? You know that she is being robbed and it is now your responsibility to protect her, you need to get the POA revoked and send the revocation to everyone who has been given a copy of the POA. Simple letter with her name, POA information and state that it has been revoked and any business transactions after date of receipt will be fraudulent and they can and will be held legally responsible for any/all damages. I would send something simple, have it notarized and mail certified return receipt. Then get her to an elder law attorney and have them do a letter and send it out. If you can see an attorney right away, you don't need to send the simple revocation notification, however, if it is going to be enough of a wait that the current POA can clean her out, you should do the letter.

You should file a report of financial exploitation of a vulnerable senior and any other illegal actions they have done.

If you are licensed to be a caregiver you are a mandatory reporter and could lose your certification and license if you don't, if you aren't licensed you should report because it is the right thing to do. If nothing illegal is happening no one will be hurt or go to jail, so you don't have to worry about that.
Helpful Answer (0)

She can assign a new POA if she is not incapacitated. Does she have an elder law attorney? If not, she needs one, now. Help to get her in to an attorney.
Helpful Answer (1)

Yes, she should assign another POA. Even a lawyer better than none at all. She needs to revolk and then prove they stole from her and bring them up on charges. POA does not give them the right to use her money foe anyone but her.
Helpful Answer (2)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter